Stop using inorganic fertilizers. You’d think this would be harmless. Just a few green crystals and your plant will be so much happier. However, those crystals are heavy on the salts, discourage earthworms and soil microorganisms, and only provide major nutrients. They don’t feed the soil either. The nutrients give your plant a short term boost, but the fast lush growth is a magnet for bugs. Then you end up spraying and using pesticides – organic or not. You’re much better off with natural slow release organic amendments and compost. These provide not only major nutrients, but trace nutrients in a natural setting your plants can use over extended periods of time. You should be feeding your soil and not your plants. Your plants know how to feed themselves.